Thursday, November 18, 2010

A little 'crowded'

Last night I had my very first 'cinema experience' in Singapore.

Yes, Harry Potter is in town and as a dedicated fan, I couldn't not go on the opening night! :)

I bought our tickets online about 3 days prior and was shocked at how many tickets were available! I was thinking - are these Singaporeans crazy?? this is the last installment people! (I know, I know, not everyone is into Harry Potter.... but everyone should be :P)

Thankfully (and unfortunately) the locals did not disappoint! The cinema was packed, I saw only a few scattered free chairs in a theatre of over 500! Oh yes, I am not exaggerating, this place was bigger than Sydney's IMAX, but with a standard size screen and a slightly tiered floor! Crazy!

As expected, hubby and I went as 'back seat rebels' - always the best seats in the house in Aus! Not so much in Singapore - you are a LONG way from the screen..... Thank god I was lucky enough to have a Singaporean lady sit in front of me! (I'm a short ass, and struggle at the best of times to see the screen!)

Next time we plan to hit up gold class - we figure the cinema will have to be AT least half the size! :P

Plus, who can resist huge couches, good food and wine whilst kicking back watching the latest flicks?

No comments:

Post a Comment