Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Taxi driver confessions...

So after many many crazy taxi rides with even crazier drivers, I thought it's time to put pen to paper and document the top 3 things I have heard/learnt over the last couple of months in the backseat of a cab... I am sure there will be more to come!

#1 (and my personal favourite) - DOGS
Driver: 'Dogs can sense if you have eaten dog before'
Me: 'Really? How?'
Driver: 'They just know'
Me: 'What about cats?'
Driver: 'I'm not sure, I don't eat cats'
Me: 'but you eat dog?'
Driver: 'No I don't eat cats or dogs'
Me: 'So how do you know that dogs can tell if you have eaten dog?'
Driver: 'I just know'
Me: 'Fair enough...'

#2 - YEAH
After some discussion...
Driver: 'Are you Australian?'
Me: 'Yes'
Driver: 'I can tell... you Aussie's say 'yeah' all the time... ' 'You want to go here? 'Yeah'? 'Do you like Singapore?' 'yeah'...
Me: 'Yeah, I guess we do say it a lot...' 

#3 - LITTLE INDIA
Driver: 'Do not go to Little India on a Sunday, you will be swallowed by a sea of black'
Me: 'Sorry?, what do you mean?'
Driver: 'You know Indian people, they all have black skin and hair, the street is full and you will not be able to find your way through the sea of black. Also taxi's will not go there on this day'.
Me: 'Oh of course.... ok...' (In my head: OMG are you serious! Poor choice of words buddy!)

1 comment: